When my car started to overhead, I pulled off and waited for the engine to cool down. I know it is just the right thing to do when your car’s engine overheats but the biggest mistake I did was bringing my car to Midas.

I took my car there an hour before closing time and a guy there gave it the once-over. Then he told me that maybe the cause of the problem is a leak on the radiator. After knowing the trouble, I decided to leave my car there. The following day they called me and I was surprised for what they told me about my car. They said the engine had problem that the head gasket was blown and the engine is stretched. I told them that was impossible to happen for the car only overheated once and it did not take five minutes, the thermometer did not even reach the red spot. He said that was the condition of car when I left it there and the repair will cost me more than $3000. To my dismay, I hung up on him. I talked to him in person to explain the car’s condition before I took it in but all in vain because I had no evidence to show. All I know is that I had not blown a head gasket and damaged the engine.

Obviously, they ran the engine for a long period of time because I noticed my gas meter became low. Also, I noticed the front end of the car has coolant all over it, which normally happens when you have a blown head gasket. But they said it was the antifreeze they spilled when they filled the tank which is very obvious that they are trying to cover what they did to my car and make me pay for it. They created more damage on my car on purpose to make me pay more. Midas Tinley Park, Illinois will rip you off!